Thursday 23 February 2012

When I started looking at Peruvian weaving I chose it like something that was the best option out of a bad bunch in my view, and was dreading looking at the historical weaving and thought I would find the contemporary side of things a lot more interesting, but after getting into it I really enjoyed the historical researching, especially learning how long the process took. I think the colours that are used in Peruvian weaving are much brighter then most things found in clothes and home wear nowadays as well which played quite a big part in my liking of them.

In my own project i was looking at toothpaste with stripes in which involves red and blue and I don't know if maybe it happened subconsciously but the brightness of the colours does seem to reflect the Peruvian weaves in some way, especially in the red.





I also wanted to try to create the marks that are found in a lot of the high street Peruvian/Aztec style clothes. I done that by twisting two threads that were woven at the same time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment